Friday, April 6, 2007

Random Thoughts

My wife and I were watching 30-minute Meals the other day, and I think Rachel Ray has jumped the shark. Everything that was cute two years ago is now annoying. I used to like that she was a chatty former cheerleader but now I just want her to shaddup. Maybe it’s because I’ve watched too much Iron Chef, both the original and the American versions, and now I think I know more than she does. My favorite Iron Chefs are Sakai from TOS and Batali from the American series. It bothers me that every time she says EVOO she immediately follows it with “That’s extra virgin olive oil”. Don’t we all know that by now? And you can’t cook that much stuff in EVOO. Its smoking point is too low. Maybe it’s because Giada DeLaurentiis is… um, uhh “better equipped”, so to speak. I would love to taste her sfogliatelle.

MJ has been raving about what a wonderful song for walking “Under Pressure” is. She loves it. I think it’s an ok song, but I have my own favorites for exercising. And if I was going to pick a Queen song I would pick “Another One Bites the Dust”. MJ keeps trying to force me to listen to it, as if I haven’t heard it, or I’ve been listening to it incorrectly. None of this should imply that she has some control issues. I’m seriously thinking about downloading “Ice Ice Baby” and throwing it into her mix. Hopefully, I’ll get it on camera the first time it comes up. I imagine it will be like expecting sweet tea and getting a mouthful of diet Mountain Dew. I’ll probably need a divorce lawyer, a neurosurgeon, or both. Word to ya mutha.
http://www.getlyrical.com/lyrics.html?Type=Song&Id=41934. Do we really wonder why the Taliban hates us?

2 comments:

MJ said...

Your posts make me laugh out loud. I think I might be biased. :) I do think you might be listening to the song wrong though...

JSG said...

Under Pressure IS Ice, Ice Baby, isn't it?
Rachel Ray has gotten Katie Couric perky. Ewww.