Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Austrian Economics aka Purple Drank

Fortunately for everyone I spent 2 hours yesterday engaged in high intensity exercise. Otherwise this post would have been a position paper on The Fair Tax/Consumption Tax/Value Added Tax/High Grade Fertilizer Tax. It’s funny how rich people think they know everything when it’s financial planners who actually do. It’s an easily forgivable mistake when the regular close proximity of the two groups is considered (see Willie Beamen). EJG has started a blog with certain political overtones, and since I don’t ever want to be left out, we can all blame him for a possibly more political tone on this blog. But like I said, I hit it pretty hard yesterday. It’s the first time since we found LMJ on our doorstep that I’ve run and lifted on the same day. It was also the first day of serious dieting (welcome back a pound of spinach every day). Taking a month off from serious lifting is a bad idea. I don’t care how much warm up, cool down, or stretching you do horrible muscle soreness is waiting the next morning. But I need to drop some weight. There are no successful 215lb distance runners. I want to get down to about 195lbs and see where we are. I will not get below 185lbs. That’s 100% ego. I like being a big guy. I like being a heavyweight. Personally, I don’t believe any man over six feet tall should weigh less than 2 bills. I don’t hold it against those who are, but we don’t see a whole lot of pictures of marathon winners with their shirts off. Arnold Schwarzenegger is governor of California. Lance Armstrong isn’t even on his local school board. Basically, it’s bikini season, and to quote the philosopher Heather Locklear, “Are you ready for the competition?” Well, I intend to be Heather; I intend to be.

I can tell that this is just a stop gap. I understand that Macroeconomics is the reading equivalent to vodka and codeine cough syrup, but due to my upbringing I must be heard. I’m hoping I’ll be distracted by something, so as not to bore everyone with my economic philosophies. LMJ is due to start some serious smiling at her daddy, and I’m certain that will do it.

4 comments:

JSG said...

I guess it all depends on the definition of "successful runner." For me, it merely involves ending up vertical.
On another note, will we rue the day that EJG turned this little blogging diversion political?

EJG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EJG said...

May I suggest a separate blog for when you feel political? Or maybe an alias for those times when you need to kick some a**. Judabear suggests RAP Daddy.

Cora Spondence said...

Dude, you are absolutely right. I don't care what people say, size does matter. Stay pumped and looming. How else will you keep LMJ from dating until she's thirty?