Monday, July 9, 2007

Random Stuff

Are you checking that out? That vomit stain is bigger than she is. She puked on me again ten seconds later. She's like Jeff Goldblum in the fly.

I'm gearing up for a 1/2 marathon next year, and I started a 10 week program I saw in a magazine. Sunday I went for a long run, roughly eight miles, and on the way back I was attacked by a mockingbird. Mockingbirds are psychotic. If something gets too close to its nest it dive bombs the interloper. It's funny when they attack cats, dogs, crows, other people. It's not funny when the little bastard heads my way. I was in the last 1/4 mile of my run and I felt a really weird wisp of air on the back of my right arm. I whipped my head around and saw this sumbitch flying back towards a tree. I kept going because if I stopped I would still be there. I had waited until the early evening to start my run so the temperature was a breezy 94 degrees. I had run another ten yards when I felt a disturbance in the Force, so I turned around and saw Harper Lee headed my way again. She tried to play it off like she wasn't attacking me, but I knew what was up. Damned bird.

Sorry for the short post but The Closer is starting and Chief Johnson needs my attention

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my goodness LJ. She almost looks proud of herself! That is so freakin' funny. Sorry about the mockingbird. That's funny too, though.

Cora Spondence said...

You can only hope that LMJ keeps up the Linda Blair gag reflex for her prom night, say about 1am when her date suggests they go somewhere to be alone.
Mockingbirds are the Dick Cheney of the bird world and you were looking like the ACLU. Next time, run with a tennis racket in hand and Bjorn Borg that feathery mofo. Hey, Kyra would approve!

JSG said...

So how did mockingbird pie taste?

I'm impressed by the vomit. Tell me, does her head spin 360 degrees too?

It must be you. She digested perfectly all day we were there...