Saturday, October 20, 2007

Delusions of Grandeur

It’s 5:00 in the morning and I can’t sleep. I’m channel surfing and I see that Nathaniel Hawthorne’s Demi Moore’s The Scarlet Letter is on. I read was assigned The Scarlet Letter in 11th grade, and while I would rather listen to Japanese dudes sing Garth Brooks karaoke style than read this boring piece of crap, I think it’s funny that high school drop out Demi Moore thought she could do a better job than Nate did 150 years ago. I guess silicone and education are the same thing. I can’t wait for Pamela Anderson’s Hamlet.

Still surfing. I found Enter the Dragon. You have offended my family and you have offended the Shao Lin temple. They’re re-examining Bruce Lee’s corpse and it looks like he didn’t die of a bad reaction to a drug. It looks like he over-badassed (OBA). It’s not healthy to be that much of a badmuthaf*&ka all day, every day. Chuck Norris mitigates the effects of this rare affliction by growing facial and chest hair. Chuck Norris is the only man in history to lose his virginity before his father. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris? All of it. When Chuck Norris goes swimming he doesn’t get wet. The water gets Chuck Norris. Okay, that’s enough.

5 comments:

MJ said...

Come back to bed.

Anonymous said...

This is a demo on how to leave a comment. Keep on writing. I'm a regular reader and your biggest fan!
~MJ

Anonymous said...

I was assigned AND read "The Scarlet Letter" -- one of my favorite books. I didn't see the movie because I didn't want Demi --not my favorite actress --to spoil it for me. Keep blogging, maybe I'll understand them someday.
cj

Cora Spondence said...

OMG!!!! You have hit a new level of stream of consciousness when you start out talking about The Scarlet Letter and end up talking about Chuck Norris's own Louisville Slugger. This is how Shatner ended up recording Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

JSG said...

I am glad that I am (I hope) friend not foe. Damn, if you're that mean at 5 AM, what are you like after a bowl of Wheaties?