Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Stuff

I have no idea what the hell is going on. I told MJ that I wasn’t going to blog anymore and she told me she would gouge out my eyes and piss in my dead skull, that I had just f*&^ed with the wrong teacher or something. It may have been about me leaving my coffee cup in the living room, I don’t know. I think the big problem right now is that it’s football season, and so football consumes my thoughts. I have 32 teams in the NFL I have to keep tabs on and 24 college teams. It’s an addiction, and even if there was a 12-stepper I wouldn’t be interested. It’s not as bad as it could be. Both the Jaguars and Seminoles are playing better than I expected, so I’m not up at night wondering how two men who do nothing but coach football can be so utterly clueless about it.

I’ve tweaked my weight lifting again – variety is the spice of life. I’m now on the Gym Jones schedule, which is completely different than the standard bodybuilding program I’ve been using. I heard about it from a friend from New York. He fell in love with the movie 300 and found out how the actors got in such great shape. I’d heard they were digitally enhanced, but that isn’t true. They did some ridiculous routine – that I’m now doing – for 3 months. It combines big man exercises, like dead lifts, with little man exercises, like pull-ups, and finds an efficient frontier for maximum performance. It all depends on what the individual wants to prepare for. Right now I want to be able to finish the River Run in under an hour while and bench press 225lbs 25 times. I figure I can do that best if I am as strong as I can possibly be weighing about 190lbs. This is different than a bodybuilding approach, which is to get as big as possible then diet down until you’re happy with how you look. Right now I don’t care how I look on the beach; I want my body to perform at its limits.

We went to Tampa this past weekend and LMJ met her folks on her mama's side. They are a bunch of really nice people. The men -- including ya boy -- went fishing while the women fawned over LMJ. I didn't catch anything and I didn't drink very much beer -- I had to help drive home -- but I did get a fishing license that's good for a year.

4 comments:

MJ said...

But did you tell everyone that you have a snook licence or that you caught a bunch of seaweed?

LJ said...

I do have a snook license, and I did catch a lot of intercoastal waterway seaweed, but we didn't smoke any of it.

JSG said...

If you stop blogging I will hold my breath until I pass out. I will kick and scream. I will give you a preview of the hissy fits you'll be experiencing as a papa in the next 18 months or so. Your blogs are what keep me connected when I'm in a friggin'dump hotel in Phoenix all by myself on my birthday.

Gym Jones...doesn't the name have you concerned?

Beth said...

What's a snook? (I had to ask!) And please don't stop blogging. I was going to have to get ugly if you didn't come up with a post soon. (JSG--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!)

--Beth