Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Dog Faced Gremlin

It’s 4:30 in the morning and I can’t sleep, so it’s more sleep deprivation than actual psychosis. A snook is a type of bass. I haven’t felt like finding out why I had to pay extra to keep one if I caught one since I didn’t catch the fishing bug when I went a couple of weeks ago. I didn’t catch anything else on the trip either – not even a buzz. I don’t understand the allure of fishing. I understand the allure of drinking beer in a boat and if one needs to bring some rods and reels so the spouse will let one out of the house then OK, but actually getting excited about fishing is something else. I’ve known fisher freaks and freaks is exactly what they are. One freak I know majored in meteorology so he could fish better, and to his credit he’s a much better weather tout than the local TV weathertards (It’s a word. I just wrote it). The only bad weather to him is when the wind gets too strong and he can’t fish. He goes up to 40 miles offshore and he also fishes his local creek. He not only watches that national bass tournament on ESPN; he bets on it. At least the sound of NASCAR races will help you have the best nap you’ve ever had, plus there’s going to be a crash and most likely a fight.

I think NASCAR should get back to its bootlegging roots. Instead of having the occasional road races – as opposed to track races – to show that the racers can actually turn right, they should have moonshine rallies. The teams would have to distill their own white lightning, load it in the trunk, and drive it from Daytona to Texarkana. It shouldn’t be legal. It should be televised – The Buford T. Justice Memorial. They will get points for time, how much of the haul makes it to Texarkana intact, and how good it is. If the judge goes blind you lose points. If he dies the team is disqualified. No shootouts with local law enforcement, but it’s vale tudo with the ATF and any other federal agencies/bureaus.

This guy is on a school board in Georgia. This isn’t a Georgia joke. It’s a fact.

I believe the children are the future.










2 comments:

LJ said...

The school board member is Rick Steiner -- The Dog Faced Gremlin. He was one half of possibly the greatest tag team in wrestling history.

MJ said...

Wow. He wouldn't really fit in on our schoolboard despite all the drama of late.

The rest of your post: I don't understand how your mind works but I still like your writing.