Monday, February 18, 2008

Daddy Daughter Weekend


MJ spent the weekend getting drunk and arrested with her thug friends, while I was at home with LMJ. MJ wants me to write about my weekend, but as I sit here there's nothing to write. LMJ is a sweet, well behaved little girl who falls into her schedule effortlessly. Seriously, there is nothing to report. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get her to fall asleep without Mommy being there, and I would spend two sleepless nights listening to her scream. It didn't happen that way at all. She went to bed exactly when she was supposed to and I spent two sleepless nights watching her sleep. I caught up on my late night television. The first season of The Cosby Show is the best television ever, and was light years ahead of its time. I don't know if LMJ sees us as caregivers as much as a wait staff. As long as we feed her on time, she's pretty much down for whatever. While she didn't miss her mother demonstrably, she was definitely happy when MJ got home. Momma showed up Sunday afternoon and LMJ was giddy for the rest of the day. I was happy because I got the "self-employed models" out with fifteen minutes to spare. I really expected the worst for the weekend, but it couldn't have gone any better. A big reason for the ease of the weekend is CG. She came in with some quality relief pitching and ate up more innings than could reasonably be expected. We make a good team. I'm the rookie sensation and she's a wily, crafty veteran. It's an unstoppable combination. But not one that should be used too often, so MJ is forbidden from going out of town for a while.

On a side note: We went out to the condo where the girls were staying so I could load up on milk, and I got worked at Phase 10 because ME, Beth, and TF cheated. They were hiding cards. I'll just leave it at that. Make your own judgments.

4 comments:

JSG said...

Bunch of shameless hussies, they are.

Funny, but the Daddy voice is a totally different writer. Your posts go from testosterone-hyped pro-wrestler screaming into a mic to Mr. Rodgers quietly buttoning his cardigan.

What a nifty trick that will be for LMJ's first boyfriend to witness.

Beth said...

LOL at jsg's comments. So true! And there was no card-hiding going on. And for the record, I started falling fast after you left. It's those damn wild cards. Without 'em, you might as well give it up. It was great to see you! Glad LMJ was so good for you!

Cora Spondence said...

First of all, the photo is too damn cute of the both of you. Second, your daughter is brilliant so what in the world made you think she wouldn't be right on schedule while MJ was rockin' the Casbah with her girls? How long did it take you to adjust into your weight training schedule? Yeah, that's right. I rest my case.
Lovely props to Carol---she is awesome in everyway.

Anonymous said...

And I did it without steroids, just pizza from Moonriver!

G....y