Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Randomosity

I'm thinking about legal action against Mom101. She wrote a piece about the random censorship in a showing of Grease on TV, and negligently got the song "Summer Lovin" stuck in my head. I'm letting the sticking of "Greased Lightning" slide, but I can't overlook the ridiculous duet. It's difficult enough for me to maintain my image as a thug-ass-gangsta now that LMJ has turned me into an Alan Alda/James Taylor caricature. I'm basically Wayne Brady. But that doesn't excuse Mom101's wanton disregard for the nature of my thugitude and the adverse effect of showtunes on said. I have to sue. It's the American way.

It's frickin hot. The thermometer in the '97 Ford Explorer POS says it's 101 degrees. All this leads to is an increase in bad words falling out of my mouth. I have an appointment this afternoon, and I'm really wishing I had made them come to me. The AC in my office is world class.

I ran this morning, 6 miles. I'm determined to get in what I consider good shape. I still plan on finishing the River Run in under an hour. I ran the first three miles -- down to the Jacksonville Landing -- in 23 minutes and change. I ran(read: hobbled trying not to burst into tears) back in
49 minutes and change. My legs hurt. My knees hurt. Strangely, my feet don't hurt. I'm looking forward to doing it again tomorrow.

2 comments:

JSG said...

The secret to getting back home is 4 shots of espresso at mile marker 2.7.

As to the song? How about this. "Everybody was kung-fu fighting...Those cats were fast as lightning...In fact it was a little bit frightning...But they fought with expert timing"

Send your claims to my attorney.

Beth said...

I'm impressed--6 miles in this heat? (I think it's as hot here as it is there.) I love how you describe running. Although it really does nothing in the way of encouraging me to bite the bullet and start a running plan of my own. I see that Mom101 stopped by your place, too! How cool! Now I have to go and read what you wrote to her.