Friday, August 17, 2007

Wise Words Being Written

3 month old babies aren't too concerned about what other people might be interested in. They're a little bit self centered. If they don't get what they want immediately they are not shy about voicing their displeasure. I've heard this rumor for years from parents, but I never thought much about it until LMJ showed up bulk mail -- it took almost 9 months. An infant's glaring lack of patience, however, appears to be more than a rumor. I'd call it a hard and fast rule -- a constant if you will -- like gravity and the speed of light. MJ went back to school this week, and I began sharing daycare duties with CJ. She has LMJ Monday, Tuesday, and half of Wednesday, and I have her Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday. I made the mistake of imagining that I could get some work done while LMJ slept. Fortunately, she was nice enough to show me the error of my ways by forcing me to carry her around like a wet lump while she slept. She wouldn't sleep in her crib, her basinet, her bouncy chair, her swing, on her favorite blanket in our bed, on her favorite blanket on the floor; she would only sleep in my arms. Still, a grumpy day with LMJ is better than a great day at work.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh my goodness, LJ. Welcome to my entire maternity leave! Hopefully she was just testing you, and now that you passed, she'll leave you alone next time so you can get a few things done. She just wants to make sure you know who's in charge!

JSG said...

Ah to be wrapped around that tiny little finger.