Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Richard Bruce "Dick" Cheney in '08

The leading Democratic nominees signed a pledge back in September not to campaign or assign the delegates in Florida because Florida chose to move its primary election date to January 29. The primary doesn’t matter. I’m a registered Independent; I don’t get to vote today anyway. The general election does matter. Florida is the biggest swing state. It’s the third biggest state, population wise, and Barrack, John, and Hillary have decided that they have some sort of authority over us. Somewhere in a beltway induced fog they’ve come to believe that we need them, as opposed to them needing us. They’ve decided to concede Florida and her twenty-seven electoral votes, and I guess, roll the dice in Ohio for her twenty-one electoral votes. The state that decided they hate boy-boy kissing more than they love having jobs in the last Presidential election. A guy with a skin condition and a funny name and a liberated woman with a philandering husband have put all of their eggs in the irrational basket of some laid off NASA workers and fundamentalist Christian farmers living in Republican Israel. How can I possibly vote for either of these idiots? I don’t care about the first husband, Bill X, questioning Obama’s blackness. I don’t care about Obama running around like a Gitmo prisoner at Disneyworld. I do care about the arrogant lack of foresight. I don’t see either a Washington/FDR or a W/Grant among any of the candidates so I don’t care who gets elected. But since the Democrats have pulled this stunt, I do care who doesn’t get elected. I won’t vote for a Democrat for President. I don’t care if it’s a Romney/Thompson ticket on the Republican side. I don’t care if Roe v. Wade is overturned. I don’t care if they bring back Jim Crow. I don’t care if I lose my right to vote altogether. Hillary and Obama can rot in Hell. Well done jackasses.

3 comments:

JSG said...

I agree. But that line of reasoning is exactly why it doesn't matter which piece-of-shit Democrat we come up with, I have to vote against the Republicans. The party to the right has re-introduced a new breed of segregation in schools, squandered a surplus, screwed with everyone's biggest investments (401K and Real Property) and sold off the greatest global goodwill campaign in the name of a personal vendetta. The doggie was allowed in the house and he pooped on the carpet. No milkbone. A smack on the snout and out you go.

DiaBelo said...

I am laughing and gasping at this post. I think you just channeled Lenny Bruce.

Anonymous said...

But.. didn't the Republican controlled legislature get the primary date changed? Sneaky devils!

G....y