Thursday, May 24, 2007

I Have a Virginia Ham but I'm Whining Because I Have No Bread

I ran Tuesday, the first time since the 5k Saturday before last. MJ went into labor that night. I’m glad that didn’t happen again – post hoc ergo propter hoc and all. I ran from my house to the Y and back. It was tough. I have to start running regularly again so I can get my fast back. LMJ has thrown a huge wrench into previous scheduling protocols. On the one hand, I’m losing weight because she has drastically altered my sleep patterns. On the other hand I’m not exercising enough to stay fit. Hopefully, I will adjust in the not too far future. I ran yesterday and my feet hurt. My running shoes are giving me terrible blisters. I need to get properly fitted for a pair, but I don’t really feel like going to Orange Park or Baymeadows. Strangely enough, there are three or four cycling shops within a few miles of home but zero running shops. Maybe I should open one.

My office is being re-carpeted – read thrashed by retards – so I’m stuck kind of spinning my wheels this week. These Mensas put in new carpeting on my side of the floor which consists of five offices, and failed to put in data, phone, and electrical lines. That’s efficient in 2007. We’re all getting loads of work done. I had to, personally, move all my crap out of my office last Friday so the Manhattan Project could get done over the weekend, which reminded me of how stupid I was to get a desktop instead of a laptop. I don’t know if there have been any hard studies, but anecdotally, laptops are easier to move than desktops. I wouldn’t be surprised if this jumps the Mac/PC divide. I’ll bet a PowerBook is easier to move than a PowerMac. If someone wants write a grant I’ll do the study. Maybe by the time I’m done they’ll have the phones up in my office.

1 comment:

JSG said...

Ouch. It sounds like the sleep deprivation is cutting into the happy new-parent glow.

No fear, it gets better after 12 or 13 years, or so we hear.