Friday, May 4, 2007

Yeah Buddy





To the dismay of my ones of readers I’ve discovered how to embed video onto my blog. To my dismay the air quality is still at crap levels and I can’t run outside, so I’m stuck inside and I’m BORED. When I’m doing cardio inside I need things to distract me: a good music mix, a good television program, scantily clad hot chicks getting their workout on. Unfortunately, my music is starting to bore me, daytime television sucks, and I exercise at the YMCA where the women are septuagenarians trying to become octogenarians – and good for them. I miss running outside. I miss the covering of distance. I miss the fresh air. I miss enjoying my neighborhood. Mostly, I miss being alone with my thoughts. I like my process of working myself into a lather lifting weights and then letting it all out as I run though urban Jacksonville – no oxymoron jokes from the peanut gallery please. I’ve gotten to the point that I don’t listen to my iPod when I run on the street. We have always tested ourselves by how far and fast we can run. Nobody brags about how many strides they do on an elliptical.

The guy in the video is Big Ron Coleman. He’s won Mr. Olympia seven or eight times. He does a mental focus thing where he screams LIGHT WEIGHT no matter how much he’s lifting. I’ve started saying it. I don’t scream it. It works. A positive mental attitude is a powerful thing. Cliché: The funny thing about the man who thinks he can do something and the man who thinks he can’t do something is that they are both right.

2 comments:

JSG said...

Not a bad idea. A shot to me, running on a Sunday, "My knees feel good, my knees feel great!"
I'll try it.

Did your weekend air clear? It did here on "The Island." as we say.

LJ said...

No air clearage whatsoever. It's clear today, Monday, but only because of the gale force winds.