Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm Tired

Something is going to have to give. I’m exercising more and sleeping less. The main problem is the baby girl. No one is allowed to sleep if she’s awake, and she’s trying to kick her sleep addiction cold turkey. It’s not that she doesn’t go to bed. It’s that she won’t stay there. I’ve been getting to bed after eleven and getting up at half past five. Then I try to kill myself at the gym. Everything is fine as long as I’m moving. I’m like a shark. But when I stop for just a second I’m overwhelmed with fatigue. MJ thinks everything will be fine once we’ve settled into our routine – when the clocks go back to standard time at the latest. I hope I can make it that far. Today was leg day and a JU pitcher was doing the same tortuous leg exercises I was doing. He was also having the same reaction. This made me feel good. He was a kid. He wasn’t even twenty and he was having the same reaction I was. He told me how his strength coach told him to do the exercise, which also made me happy. If strength coaches are recommending it to their players then maybe I’m on the right track. I’m also encouraged because my legs didn’t stay numb as long as they did last time. I was able to walk like a normal person by the time I got home. I’m in groove right now and hopefully I can stay in it. I probably just jinxed it. I am feeling the fatigue of the weights and the cardio and the day in general now though. I’m writing this at about twenty till nine, and LMJ is reading quietly in bed. With any luck she’ll be asleep by nine and I can be asleep by nine thirty, but I’m not holding my breath. Tomorrow is my day with her and I’m already looking forward to our nap.

1 comment:

MJ said...

I turned off the alarm so you can both sleep in. :)