Saturday, September 26, 2009

You're All Fired

Well, at least I didn’t watch a lot of the game. FSU tried to do its Lucy impression with me again, but this time I didn’t do my Charlie Brown impression. The Semis looked like world beaters last Saturday in Provo as they ran up the score on BYU. They played like they were a bunch of lesbians from California, but I knew it was a mirage. A week later in front of their home crowd, during a ridiculous “white out” where all the fans were encouraged to wear white t-shirts while the Semis wore all white uniforms (what’s the emoticon for dismissive wanking motion?), they rolled over for the University of South Florida. USF has been playing football for less than ten years. They have a $9 million football budget. That doesn’t cover the salaries for Florida State’s ASSISTANT coaches. I’ve turned on FSU. There’s a level of fail that’s not acceptable. I can stomach a loss to Miami. I can deal with losing to the Gators. Losing to the South Florida Bulls makes me feel like this. Florida State has eighty-five kids on scholarship. Thirty of them are going to play in the NFL, minimum. South Florida has eighty-five kids on scholarship. Five of them are going to play in the NFL, maximum. This is like Cuba invading the USA, and winning. I could handle it if Florida State asked anything of their “student-athletes” academically like they were Duke or Vanderbilt, but they don’t and they never have. They’re on NCAA probation for the biggest, most wide spread cheating scandal ever. There were players involved from ten different sports, including twenty players on the football team. If there’s cheating going on and the team still isn’t winning, isn’t it time for a change? It’s time for Robert Bowden to ride off into the sunset. It’s time for James Fisher to move to Venezuela where there’s no extradition agreement so he can keep the money he stole from the Florida tax payers. Robert and James can have their nicknames back when they leave or start winning. I don’t care which anymore.

1 comment:

Christina said...

The head exploding looks like it hurt. Bobby needed to retire about 7 years ago. Maybe this season he will get the hint...but if you were him and had millions in endorsements and a cush salary, would you retire? I sure as hell wouldn't!