Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Monday Night And I Need A Drink

I’m not going to be able to sleep tonight. I’m watching the Florida State/Miami game and my heart is in my throat. I keep trying to tell myself that the game doesn’t mean anything, but it’s useless. I get caught up in it no matter what I do. I’m writing during the commercial breaks and I know that there are going to be a bunch of them. I had lost track of time and MJ came in and turned the game on. I had completely forgotten about it, and when MJ turned it on the Seminoles immediately blew a coverage and gave up a long touchdown. Then the rage started to bubble up. They’ve had eight full months to prepare for this game and it took them less than three minutes to make a giant mistake. Fortunately, they followed it up with the best offensive series they’ve had in almost ten years. This is going to be a running commentary until I get frustrated or just can’t take it anymore. The Seminoles stand tall on defense. They need to watch the fake punt in this part of the field. Miami didn’t snap the ball in time so they’re backed up five yards. I’m kind of torn. I need to end this post so I can turn my full attention to the game, but I don’t want to jinx the Seminoles by changing what I’m doing. They just ran a dumb QB option. This is 2009. Getting your QB hit isn’t a good idea. There are a bunch of RB’s on the team that are there to do nothing but run the football. The Seminoles falter and have to punt. They haven’t made any huge mistakes on offense so far. Christian Ponder looks like he has a clue about what’s going on. I may have to reevaluate my black and bitter hatred of Jimbo Fisher. I’m turned around like an owl looking backwards at the television while I try to write this thing and my neck is starting to hurt. I’m done writing this thing at 8:46 p.m. and the score is tied 7-7. We’ll see how the football gods handle this.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love it. I am sorry your 'Noles lost, but it makes it a lot eaiser to live with Josh. It was a really good game!