Sunday, March 11, 2007

'06 Recap '07 Goals

In '06 I dropped more than 40lbs, my waist went from 42in to 36in, my pullups went from 12 to 30 reps, and my bench press reps at 225lbs dropped from 15 to 12( a small price to pay for the weight loss). I was also bitten by the running bug, and finished my first 15k yesterday. I'm happy with everything except my bench and my race times. Unfortunately, my ego Old Scratch, has gotten involved with the decision making process for my '07 goals. The following are carved in stone, and barring my maimage(it's a word. I just wrote it) and/or death, will be accomplished by next year's Gate River Run.

1. Finish the River Run with a chip time of 59:59. That's almost 18 minutes behind the race record so it's not impossible.

2. I'm bouncing 225 lbs. twenty-five times. There will be no steroids, no HGH, I won't even use creatine.

We're going to keep it simple. We're going to keep it moving. These goals may seem counterintuitive, but they're not. I just have to eat right, and eat a lot.

2 comments:

JSG said...

Oy. That's not a number we'd ever hope to near. We're interested in the maximum gain with the minimum pain. But cheer you we will.

BTW - a personal trainer we know (who is an elite runner & has done this thing around a dozen times) broke her record of 1:12 and change. She weighs slightly less than my left thigh and is built like a gazelle.

Not that we're trying to discourage you. We just don't want to see the "Man Down on the Bridge" alert next year and find out it's you!

LJ said...

I start training tomorrow. I'm doing the intermediate 1/2 marathon schedule from coolrunning.com. It's a 3 month program so I will definitely be ready by next year's River Run. I'll have to average about a 6:20 mile. That's almost 2 minutes a mile slower than the winner this year. Anyway, I get to do something called a fartek.