Friday, March 2, 2007

What constitutes a perfect evening for me?

My dear, dear friend Beth has declared Thursdays Meme Days, and she has given us our first topic to discuss. What constitutes a perfect evening? An 8-ball of coke and a couple of hookers. Whoops! wrong blog. My perfect evening would be spent at a high end steakhouse -- the J'ville Ruth's Chris on the river most likely -- surrounded by family and friends. What I really enjoy about Ruth's Chris and Morton's is that they do what they do. It's about the food not the chef. Their genius is in choosing the best beef available, and not in the chef's take on mango mayonaise or asparagus flan. Not that there is anything wrong with mango mayonaise or asparagus flan, but this is my perfect evening. I would get the cowboy ribeye (does that sound gay to anyone else?). It's an extra large piece of meat with the bone in it for flavor. Choosing wine is like taking a test, so I just order Heineken. We spend the next three hours eating too much, drinking too much, and thouroughly enjoying each other's company. It's a time to catch up and grow closer. Everyone seems to forget their problems for a moment, and that is a wonderful thing. Nights like these should only happen four or five times a year because the law of diminishing returns definitely kicks in and we start to take each other for granted. I'm lucky enough to have more of these evenings than most

1 comment:

Beth said...

Mmmmm--Cowboy ribeye. That's an awesome perfect evening Lowell! I love the line about choosing wine is like taking a test. Couldn't agree with you more! Thanks for playing!

--Beth