Friday, March 30, 2007

I'm still here.

I haven’t written in a while because I haven’t been in pain. Everything is fine in week two of the new training regimen. I’m not sore. The hammy’s healed up. I’m not having a problem with the incremental increases in my exercise intensity. I only have to get my diet fine tuned. I’m not a bodybuilder eating everything I can to maximize growth. I don’t want to grow significantly. I want to be on the Six Million Dollar Man plan: make me better, stronger, faster (cue theme music).

I’m having a change in attitude. I think I might be morphing into a Kenyan. I’m finding running a suitable means of transportation to more and more destinations. I need to go to the Y? Screw it, I’ll run; Publix, I’ll run. If I could not stink when I got there I would run to work, but a Harvard study has shown that body odor is a deterrent to business. It’s science.

1 comment:

JSG said...

I was concerned when you wrote that a muscle popped about a week ago---and then heard nothing.

Turning into a Kenyan, or Forrest Gump. "From that day on, whenever I was going somewhere, I WAS RUNNING..."