Saturday, December 1, 2007

I Apologize. I Read The New York Times

It's around 10:20 and I was struggling for a topic so I cracked open the Gray Lady. Well, I didn't actually open the newspaper. I went to its website. I read the Times -- and the Washington Post -- because the local fishwrap is borderline unreadable. I don't particularly like the Times but at least it's written by professional writers. After tonight's perusal I've come up with an idea for when a president is sworn into office. Since every one of the G.O.P. candidates is such a hardcore badass(sarcasm laid on as thickly as possible), and since each of the Democratic candidates makes me violently angry, I think the new POTUS should be smacked in the face with a 2x4. I don't mean ceremonially, even though it will be a ceremony, I mean blasted in the grill with a big piece of hardwood. If you want to be president you're going to have to ante up some blood. How else are we supposed to know if a candidate is serious if we don't know whether or not they're willing to get some of their own blood in the game. I think everyone but Hillary and McCain would drop out toot sweet, and that's really the point. We need to weed out the suckers. There's a broken nose minimum. A broken nose isn't that big of a sacrifice to be leader of the free world. Right now I don't know who I could trust to do it correctly other than me. Oh sweet Baby Jesus would I hack. I'd be like Reggie Jackson in prime time. I'd try to blast that fool's teeth through the back of his/her head. If the President dies, the VP is next. It's not like I'm uncivilized, if Nancy Pelosi or someone else in the line of succession doesn't want the free rhinoplasty she can tap out and we keep moving. I'm sure I'll get tired somewhere around the Secretary of Agriculture. God bless America.

4 comments:

DiaBelo said...

Don't rule out Fred Thompson in the mano a mano, looks like he's already taken a few swipes at McCain...forget the nose, they should go for the putz, Hillary's included. Yeah, she has one.

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I'm reading the Washington Post(even tho I resent having to register - but it did allow me to enter a much more reasonable birth year than mine) especially, "The Things That Really Matter" by Diana Abu-Jaber.

cj

JSG said...

How about ol' Rudy. He's want the whacking - nine hundred and eleven times. Or maybe 9 times on one side and 11 on the other. Or maybe one of the "family" would take between 9 and 11 hits for him.

Cora Spondence said...

Okay, now we're talking a campaign season I can become interested in!
Bring on the pre-treated Maple and hand me some gloves! I wouldn't mind a swing or two myself!