Monday, December 31, 2007

2007

I don’t remember anything about my experiences during the years after I turned twenty. It’s not that I spent the nineties is a drug addled fog; it’s just that nothing stuck in my head. I know when I got married because it’s on a plate in my dining room. I know when I graduated from college if I look at my degree. If you ask me what I remember about 1996 I start with the Presidential election, not anything I was actually involved with. I know I did some stuff during ’96. I may have gone to New York for Thanksgiving, but it may have been ’95 or ’97. I honestly don’t know without looking at pictures. So I figured I would do a review of 2007. The year kicked off with me turning thirty-six. I started doing races. My first race was the Ortega River Run, which shouldn’t be confused with the Gate River Run. I started this blog. LMJ was born. I’m pretty sure I won’t forget that, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. It was a crazy year in mixed martial arts. It was the year of the upset. The UFC bought Pride FC and then shut it down for some reason. This might be the biggest waste of money ever. The New England Patriots went undefeated in the regular season. Tom Brady kicked Bridget Moynihan to the curb when he found out she was pregnant. Britney Spears had a yearlong melt down. Her underage sister was impregnated by a much older staffer from her Nickelodeon show. You can take the family out of Louisiana but… Senator Larry Craig (R-Idaho) was caught soliciting sex in a public men’s room stall at the Minneapolis airport. You can take the Senator out of Washington but… yeah. Maybe I just don’t pay attention because this is about all I can remember for ’07. This is going to be an open entry for the next couple of weeks so I can, hopefully, flesh it out a little bit.

7 comments:

EJG said...

I remember 1996. It was the year we left NY for Jacksonville. Every year after that I find myself remembering by the play we did.

We moved to Mandarin during "The Sound of Music". I graduated UNF during "Music Man". Ilana started elementary school during "Fiddler on the Roof". etc...

Anonymous said...

This is part of why I like blogging. I hope we can go back and read what was going on in 2007 for us. It's like cell phones that memorize numbers for you; we can put a few of our memories here because I don't remember anything either.

Anonymous said...

In case you don't post tomorrow, Happy Birthday, LJ!

Cora Spondence said...

Without a doubt, one of the biggest highlights of 2007 for me was reading what was on your mind.
So say we all.

DiaBelo said...

Ditto Cora Spondence.

JSG said...

Absolutely and Amen to the biggest highlight.

Beth said...

Me too! Me too! Happy Birthday LJ. And I wouldn't remember anything about 2007 if I hadn't blogged about it. Hope you had a good day!