Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I Got a Little Bit

My Xmas humor is taking a turn towards the dark. I don't like the over the top tacky "Happy Birthday Jesus" displays people seem to think are clever. I make it a point to read the Bible from "In the beginning" to "Amen" every year, and I don't remember anything about Jesus being gaudy. Maybe I missed something or maybe I have a bad translation but Jesus seemed to be into unconditional love and humility. But since I could be mistaken, I'm thinking about commissioning a Mel Gibson style robotic nativity scene (the Easter one is going to be even better). I don't want to give anything away but Mary is not going to have an easy delivery -- in my front yard. Since CJG works for a robot company I think I can make this happen. Peace on Earth, goodwill towards men.

2 comments:

DiaBelo said...

Oooooh, I have the perfect angel for your nativity scene, but you have to skip over to imaginary planet to see it.

JSG said...

You know how the Gibson loves the Jews. He'd gladly pay homage to a fellow yid.