Saturday, February 7, 2009

I Have Nothing To Write About Tonight

Today was uneventful. We skipped breakfast at Panera and got Einstein Bros. instead. They suck. We went to the beach and helped a friend get her condo ready for her new baby. The day was beautiful. LMJ learned a new word, porch. Breakfast at Tiffany's might be the most racist movie in the history of cinema. Mickey Rooney as Mr. Yunioshi is, without question, the most racist performance in history. Holy crap! Al Jolson thinks that was a over the top. What the hell was Mickey Rooney thinking? I don't care if it was 1961. I don't care if Mickey Rooney is in his late '80's. How is it that he never got his ass whipped? How is it that he didn't win an Oscar? I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I don't get the fascination with Audrey Hepburn. Sports Illustrated is reporting that Alex Rodriguez tested positive for anabolic steroids in 2003, which means he lied to Katie Couric. I know he cheated on his wife with a bunch of strippers. I know he's cavorting with Madonna; she's still married. But I just can't believe he would take steroids. I know he's been paid almost $500 million over the last 15 years, but what about the love of the game. Come on Alex, you're better than that. I'm going to start saying that to my wife from now on whenever she upsets me.

"MJ, you put your dirty clothes on my towel again. Come on, you're better than that."
"You shouldn't use language like that in front of the baby. You're better than that."
"You hit an artery. Who's going to clean up all that blood? Come on now, you're better than that."

Sweetie, I wouldn't be coaching you if I didn't care. Now get in there and show me whatcha got.

End of stream of consciousness

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't coach me: especially publicly on your blog.