Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Stuffed Up, So This Post Goes Off The Rails A Little Bit

I wish snot was a commodity because I would retire today wealthy. I don’t understand how my entire skull can be filled with mucous. I thought I was getting over this thing yesterday, and today I’m sitting in my office writing this with a lotion covered Puffs up my nose because my nose is running like I’m four years old. Yes my office door is closed. I’m light headed, and the elevator ride up made me dizzy. I’m sneezing so violently that I cracked a window. If I had tried to hold it in I would have blown the back of my head out. My lips are chapped because I’m breathing out of my mouth like a state senator. I’m not happy. I’ve got a race on Saturday. I was looking forward to it. I was on track to challenge my time from two years ago, but now it’s a race I’m just hoping to survive. If I can’t run by Wednesday with a clear head, I’m going to walk the Ortega River Run carrying a 40oz. of malt liquor in a brown paper bag. Fun Fact: The reason people drop their drinks into paper bags is because of public intoxication laws and an unwritten understanding with the police. Most municipalities don’t want people getting their drink on out in the street, which is ridiculous. Americans are going to get liquored up. It’s what we do, and the police understand this. If they were going to enforce these laws they would do nothing else, but if it’s in a bag they pretend they don’t know what’s going on. Those guys on the corner could all be enjoying mineral water. It’s a nice compromise between law enforcement and the citizenry. Anyway, if I can’t breathe on Wednesday, I’m going to have to go to Georgia to get a “40” or a couple of deuce-deuces, and it may take me close to two hours to finish the race. Those race pictures of me crossing the finish line as I finish my beer will be up on the blog and I may change my Facebook photo. It will be art. It’s symmetry, which is beauty by definition.

1 comment:

JSG said...

Symmetry, snot, and fun facts. A perfect post. Did you try one of those snot pots?