Monday, March 30, 2009

I Didn't Make It To the Gym Today

Another day, another excuse not to do squats. I slept in today and had a full schedule at the office so I didn’t make it to the gym. I’m afraid of the mind altering pain that’s in store for me when I add squats back into the mix. Hopefully, I can work them tomorrow morning. I haven’t done squats in more than a year. Just thinking about them makes my butt burn. I’m going to take it easy because I’m thirty-eight years old, I’m not a professional athlete, and I don’t want to wind up in the emergency room. I don’t know if it’s a good thing that I’m reminding myself or a bad thing that I need to remind myself.

I read an op-ed in today’s Washington Post about how Obama and Bill Gates are trying to fix education. As per usual with limousine liberals, the biggest reason schools in America suck is because teachers are lazy and teachers’ unions are greedy. I understand that public education is not where it should be, but it really, REALLY, frustrates me when people are successful in something like politics or business and feel it makes them experts in something else. First of all, the chances that both of these guys aren’t crooks range from slim to none. I want to trust them but I don’t. At best, if Obama believes everything he says, so far he’s good at strategy and bad at tactics, and it’s the same with his staff. At best, Gates is trying to get right with God by giving away all his loot – and that’s what it is. At worst he’s pushing his agenda trying to get more foreign tech workers visas so he can pay more and more of his employees less and less. “Behind every great fortune there is a great crime” is true, and with Gates’s history of “situational” ethics, he bears watching. Bill Cosby, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, and Barack Obama have a lot more dilettante in them than proletariat. It makes me glad I’m not a Democrat.

1 comment:

JSG said...

Teachers are accustomed to being the whipping boy of the pols, especially as the legislation of blame known as the NCLB enters its 7th year. It's new that the dems have goined the gang bang. If we were lazy and greedy it would seem that we suck at that too. Other lazy/greedies are getting bonuses for that behavior.

As to the squats, if the thought of them makes the burn that would be good enough for me!