Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Need To Be Active Every Single Day

I’m sitting here with writer’s block. I think it’s because I surfed the internet all day. I didn’t do anything productive or even interesting, nothing but Facebook to Sherdog to ESPN to the television. I watched a great basketball team outlast a great basketball player in the NCAA tournament – Blake Griffin is a beast – and LMJ rocked her first ponytail. These were the exciting portions of my day. We’ve put LMJ’s hair in a ponytail before but she’s never left it alone before this afternoon. I didn’t think it was possible, but she’s prettier with her hair pulled back. I think it also suits her down to business personality better. She doesn’t have time to be putting her hair behind her ear. She’s got stuff to do. I think my brain hurts because I spent too much time on the bulletin boards. I shouldn’t expose myself to that much stupidity all at once, no matter how funny it is. North Carolina beat Oklahoma in basketball today and less than an hour later keyboard warriors were threatening each other’s lives. It’s not like there’s even a rivalry between the schools, and the game wasn’t close or ever in doubt. Basically, North Carolina shot well and Oklahoma didn’t. These discussions always – ALWAYS – play exactly along stereotypical lines. The Tar Heels fans started making fun of the Sooners fans about being rednecks and the Sooners fans responded by calling the Tar Heels fans homosexuals, which lead to the Tar Heels saying the Sooners were poor and one Sooner came back with “I’LL F**KING KILL YOUR FAMILY!!!” I thought that was a bit of a leap, especially since OU is a football school and they barely care about basketball. I also thought it was funny that people from North Carolina were calling other people rednecks. Hey kettle, you’re black! Sincerely, pot. Maybe there’s a distinction between a redneck and a hillbilly that’s too subtle for me to discern. It’s not a good day when the most intelligent discourse I engage in is with a stoner explaining the real reason for the success of the UFC. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Yea, close the -puter. We all have better days when you abstain from filling your brain with internet banter.