Friday, April 3, 2009

A Day at The Beach

I started the day talking to my accountant about my taxes and wanted to add to my list from yesterday. Fortunately, the sun came out today and MJ was able to coax me off the ledge and out to the beach. There is something magical about the shore. I was in a horrible mood when I opened the car door and smelled the sea air. My spirits were instantly lifted. We ran around and played and built sand castles and just had a big time. We watched dogs playing, which is just funny. Not just the knucklehead young dog who wants to do nothing but chase the tennis ball his owner has thrown into the ocean, but we also love watching the dogs interact with each other. I love the jealousy the dog on the leash has for the free dog. I love how they all smell each other hello. There was one downer, an eight hundred year old yellow lab whose hips hurt and was too old to lift his tail. I felt bad for the owner because it’s not going to be too long before he has one of the worst days of his life. LMJ was better behaved than could reasonably be expected. She didn’t eat any sand and she didn’t run too far away. She had to run away from a surfer walking up the beach with his board when she lost sight of me, but that was the scariest part of her beach day. We could tell that she wanted to get in the water, and last summer she would have just headed towards Bermuda and I would have had to chase her down, but today she didn’t even get close. Right as we were about to leave I walked her down to the water and we got our feet wet. Just like the sea air the water just felt “right”. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I don’t understand how people live without easy access to the beach.

2 comments:

MJ said...

I'm so glad I convinced you to go. It was worth the traffic both ways.

JSG said...

Always worth the trip for shore therapy. The EGJG pool and cabana club are available too, and we feature climate-controlled water, in case you are interested.