Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Me Whining and Complaing, Moaning and Groaning

I went extra super-duper heavy on my back today, and I know I’m going to pay for it tomorrow. I was not motivated to be there today, and I had to talk to myself more than usual. I got a couple of funny looks, but I do what I have to do to throw around some heavy ass weights. It seems like if I write about exercise lately, it’s nothing more than a chronicle of my anticipated pain. My body is fatigued. I had forgotten how exhausting it is to get back into lifting shape. I’m going to have to start putting sticky notes everywhere to remind myself to workout so I don’t have too many weeks like I’m having. I’m doing the elliptical because I’m cheap. I don’t want to wear out my new running shoes, but I know that at some point I’m going to start running again, and then I’ll be posting about how much it sucks getting back into running shape. As far as the weights are concerned, I just need to be consistent through next week and my body will be used to it. My legs don’t hurt as much as I expected them to. The stretching and hydrating is paying dividends, as are my free form amino acids. My chest is another story. That was yesterday so the soreness is still fresh. I was playing with LMJ in the back yard this evening, and I felt like Pamela Anderson running on Baywatch. But it’s all good for me. It means I’m being active and getting my blood flowing. I see people in their seventies and eighties who exercised their whole lives and those who didn’t. It looks like it’s much better to be in the first group. I’m also glad that I exercised today because I went gangsta on some pizza. EG and his leaking brain, JG and her sweet kicks, and IG and her text device showed up at the door bearing a couple pies, basically. It was a very pleasant surprise. Hi, my name is LJ and I’m a pizzaholic. Tomorrow is shoulders and a lot more pain, but Friday is weight free. I may run a few miles just to recover but nothing intense. It’s 8:30pm and I’m off to bed.

No comments: