Saturday, April 11, 2009

No Day at The Beach

LMJ got some water wings and spent the day in the pool today. We had another busy day. We spent today at our good friends’ house. Yesterday the beach, today the pool, you have no idea how hard my life is. LMJ had a blast. She is a dyed in the wool Florida girl. Water? Let’s get in. She was in this floaty thing we have for her, and I was dipping up and down under the water and blowing bubbles, trying to teach her how not to drown. She thought it was the funniest thing ever. What I thought was funny is every time I came up she was darker. When we got in the pool around 1:30 she could pass. At 1:45 she would have needed to move to the back of the bus. Y’all know what I’m talking about. She doesn’t just get darker, she changes ethnicities. She got in a little Italian girl. She got out some kind of New Zealand aborigine. She has a really cool blue swimsuit/rashguard that’s begging for a surfboard. I’d throw some pictures up, but they’re on Mama’s camera and she’s gone to bed with the baby girl. Like I said it was another long and tiring day. We went over to the G’s house to offer some moral support to EG who has ripped a hole in his brain stem and is literally flat on his back bored to tears. He bounced around with us in the pool and hot tub. Oh, I didn’t mention the hot tub? Like I said, every day is rougher than the one before it. EG bounced around and drank Mountain Dew – per doctor’s orders – and hopefully had a good time. LMJ certainly did. She learned how to jump off the steps and into our arms. It’s a miracle we got her out of the pool at all. And since there’s no rest for the wicked, we have a huge day tomorrow too. In celebration of Jesus crawling out of the grave we’re going to try to go to church, and we’re having brunch afterwards with my parents, hopefully. It’s a good thing I go back to work Monday. I don’t know how much longer I could keep up this pace.

2 comments:

JSG said...

However she "passes" she's a knockout. What a treat that was for us!

MJ said...

Smiles all around--but even more when EJG has a healthy prognosis. Keeping our fingers crossed for Monday.