Sunday, April 19, 2009

Now Daddy doesn't Have to Post Today

Sorry to disappoint the regular readers but this is MJ here doing a guest post for Daddy. He was struggling with what to write (since today was just another fun day at the beach) so I wrote down what was happening at this moment in our lives.
LMJ talking is in italics--and easy to follow since she is into repeating everything.

Stir, stir—wooden spoon. LJ stirs up some Special K water in the kitchen.

Sit, sit, sit, sit (while she pats me on the lap). (This actually means get up and let me watcha podcast on Daddy's computer).

Slurp, slurp --LJ in kitchen.

Daddy’s, daddy’s (computer, she means.)

Crayons, crayons, crayons, crayons,

Paper, paper, paper

Me: There you go; you can sit there and draw.

Eeeeeeee

Tweet, tweet, tweet (baby monitor beeps)

Daddy walks by.

Crayon, crayon, crayon, crayon, crayon, crayon, crayon, crayon, crayon, crayon

Sounds of LMJ coloring at my feet. Flipping the paper; choosing a new crayon.

Me: Nope, color on the paper!

The clothes washer enters a new part of the cycle.

From another room, I hear the NBA play-offs.

Pooh.

Little footsteps walking away.

Quiet tinkering in the sunroom. Playing with the Little People, maybe? (yes)

LJ checks on her.

Sounds of hugs and kisses behind me.

LJ: I love you; I love you. Daddy loves kisses.

LMJ throws a crayon into the box.

Miss!

1 comment: