Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lazy Easter Sundy

This was an uneventful end to an overly eventful weekend. We had my parents over for Easter brunch. Our Lord and Savior crawled up out of the grave, and we had eggs Benedict and asparagus and a bit of an Easter egg hunt. It wasn’t really a hunt since MJ and I watched LMJ hide the eggs. I wasn’t able to get my animatronic Jesus writhing and screaming in agony up and running this year, so that’s a goal for Good Friday next year. Everybody has a Christmas display. Nobody has an Easter display – remember the reason for the season. Until about a month ago I had never had homemade eggs Benedict. I’d only had it at a restaurant once or twice, and the hollandaise was boring. CG’s hollandaise is fantastic. I’m thinking about suing the restaurant for depraved indifference toward their sauce(s). I could’ve been enjoying another heavy sauce for the past twenty years. I’ve turned down eggs Benedict time and time again. I should have known it was a good sauce just by looking at a recipe. Eggs Benedict is one of those dishes, like spaghetti or pork chops, that is really difficult to reproduce in a restaurant setting. It’s all about timing the sauce, the eggs, and the muffins. You can’t mass produce that. Today was exactly what the doctor ordered, chill. We didn’t go anywhere. We didn’t talk to anyone. It was so low key that I had a rough time coming up with something to write about, which is why this may seem as if I’m rambling a bit. This was a great weekend. We hung out with good friends. We ate good food. I was able to mix in a little beer. The only thing that would have made it better is if my back had even tried to come close to cooperating so I could get a run in. Unfortunately, it’s been sore for the last few days. I think I may have slept funny. Oh well, back to the salt mines tomorrow morning. Legs are on deck.

1 comment:

JSG said...

I'm thinking we need to do a brunch get-together. Eggs Benedict is only good if the sauce rocks out.

If you work out the animatronics, maybe you can hook us up for some of the Jewish holidays...