Thursday, October 15, 2009

From Morning Till Night.

Busy day today. I started by being woken up by my wife, who reminded me to wake up our daughter lest we get off schedule and have a baby girl awake after 9pm. You gotta plan ahead. I made LMJ some oatmeal with yogurt, which she enjoyed while watching Sesame Street. I made my breakfast while she ate hers, and Grammy showed up to take her off my hands. I sent some e-mails while I ate my eggs and cheese toast. I hydrated, brushed my teeth, got geared up, and headed to the gym. Chest and biceps were on the menu today. Being in shape is better for working out than being out of shape. I pushed myself because I had my bi-weekly lunch at my favorite sandwich shop scheduled and calories were going to be consumed. Eating after exercise is one of life’s great joys. I was so hungry that I was worried about looking rude while I stuffed a sandwich in my face. I love this lunch. Spending time with people in their seventies is interesting and educational. They have a completely different perspective on the world. Things that enter my field of view don’t enter theirs and vice versa. They don’t know about Beyonce and I only know about Curtis LeMay because of them. After lunch I came home, sent some e-mails, and woke up the baby girl so we could start the process of getting to My Gym. It was three hours away, but it’s better to be over-prepared than under-prepared. We wound up leaving late anyway, and when we got there Coach Jordan was in charge for the first time and the group was small. We love small groups. We had fun as we always do, and LMJ is taking baby steps toward being social with other kids, and by social I mean acknowledging their existence as people and not tiny zombies. I didn’t have as much energy as I did last week, but I wasn’t sluggish either. I had a bit of a strange moment as we were leaving. I finished putting on LMJ’s shoes, and when I turned around to put mine on, a mom’s coin slot was showing and she was wearing a thong. Maybe I’m getting old and crusty but I thought it was inappropriate. Quarters are close in the shoe area, and I was only about eighteen inches from her so I noticed that her thong was twisted. Isn’t that uncomfortable? Underwear comfort has become a bigger issue for me than it used to be. I’m definitely getting old and crusty.

2 comments:

JSG said...

Better you than your underwear.

Christina said...

I can't wait to get old and crusty. One of my favorite people in this world is Josh's grandfather for all the reasons listed above.

I think there should be a coin slot rule/law and the public violators should have to pay a fine or wear a huge CS in red like Hester Prynn's huge letter A.