Sunday, October 18, 2009

Oktoberfest Begins

Welcome to fall – in the middle of October. I had a happy and eventful first day of autumn. I let the baby girl sleep in because she’s had a busy week, and if she’s sleeping then she needs it. MJ had gotten up early and headed to Panera to get some grading done. I finished the laundry before seven, and was ready when LMJ woke up. We had some grapes and kinda hung out until Mommy got home around nine. The girls went shopping. I went for a run. Running in the cool weather is so much easier than running when the air is, for all intents and purposes, fire. I saw an infomercial for some glorified reverse wet suit that claimed up to 97% of energy is used cooling the body during exercise. When the temperature is thirty degrees cooler I definitely feel like I have 30% more energy. After a comfortable run I mowed the lawn and pumped up our bike tires. MJ got LMJ a new front riding bike seat that we were going to try out this afternoon. The girls got back from shopping and LMJ took a nap. While she was napping I baked some pumpkin apple bread for our night out with The Writing Workshop Crew and husbands. LMJ woke up and we went on a leisurely bike ride down to the river to test out the new bike seat. The biggest difference, for me, is that I’m not carrying the baby girl anymore. Now she’s snug as a bug in a space aged seat on her mama’s handlebars. I got to be a little bit freer with how I rode. I could do stunts and stuff, but I really missed having LMJ ride behind me and kick me in the back of my legs. I think she enjoyed riding up front a lot more. After the bike ride we tricked Grammy into watching LMJ, grabbed a loaf of the pumpkin apple bread and headed to our night out. Dinner was great. The conversation and company was better, even though the teachers talked teaching. What else are they going to talk about? They’re in the sh*t man, they’re in the sh*t. It was a great way to end a great day. The only thing that could have made the day better is if the Gators had lost.

2 comments:

JSG said...

Mmm. Pumpkin apple bread for breakfast today. Sorry about the teacher talk. I hope the Mrs. Feels better, though. MB is so wise, she always has a great perspective. Next time no shop talk.

MJ said...

I'm not sure I can ever promise no shop talk--unless we're playing a game and my talk is prescribed for me. Yesterday was a busy day and such a relaxing evening. LMJ enjoyed licking all the frosting off her cupcake before breakfast!