Thursday, October 1, 2009

Seven Weeks Till Gravy Season

I’ve never been so tired in my life. I decided not to chicken out this morning and made the horrible mistake of heading to the gym. Normally, after my warm up, I’m warmed up. Not today, today I was tired through the entire session. I wasn’t expecting to set any personal bests, but I also wasn’t expecting to have difficulty getting up off the bench. The whole weight session was a struggle. After I took ninety minutes to do my one hour work out I got onto the dreadmill. I was still under the impression that I was going to run eight miles. WRONG! Even though I slowed down to almost a fast walk, I couldn’t get through it. I cut it short at three miles, and I really had to push myself to do that. I wanted to quit five minutes in. I wanted to quit again ten minutes in. I was so tired that I had trouble finding the energy to stretch. Usually, stretching is somewhat relaxing. It represents that the hard part is over. It’s the final part of my cool down. Today it was equal parts pain and difficulty. I think I overdid it this week. I was loopy for the rest of the day. I decided that since I cut my running short I wasn’t dehydrated, even though my clothes were drenched in sweat. That’s what was going on in my brain. An hour and half later I couldn’t understand why I felt like garbage and was having difficulty swallowing my food. Then I took a sip of water and the light went on. A gallon of water later and I still didn’t have to pee. Sometimes stupidity is painful. I’m with LMJ tomorrow, but depending on when she takes her nap, I may try to get in a quick session of weights. I can rest on Saturday and Sunday. I’m pushing myself because I have seven weeks until Thanksgiving and if I haven’t hit my goals by then, then I’m not going to this year.

1 comment:

MJ said...

You're doing a great job! Hnag in there...