Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Pizza Was Good

This wasn’t a very good Halloween. The first and biggest problem was that it was 90 frackin’ degrees all day long. We didn’t get our pumpkin until this morning because it’s been 90 degrees for all but two days in October, we didn’t want it rotting on our porch, and last week we all had the flu. We went to the pumpkin patch, which was so much fun last year, but since today was Halloween the pickings were slim, and it was hot. The Florida-Georgia game was also today, which messed up the feel of the day. The weather also messed up the feel of the football game. One of my favorite things about The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party is that it’s usually cool enough for the hot young co-eds fans to wear jeans and t-shirts, and bourbon keeps everybody warm or drunk enough not to care. It also didn’t help that the Gators beat the Bulldogs for the seventeenth time in the last twenty years. I hate the Gators, and worst of all I’m finding it very hard not to be an Urban Meyer fan. The best part of the day was that my parents got to share part of LMJ’s first Halloween trick or treating experience. She dressed up as a very busy bumblebee. I don’t know if it was really a bad part or just a little disappointing, but no one in the neighborhood was home. LMJ only got to trick or treat at three or four houses, and one of those was a house whose family wasn’t home but they left candy on the porch. With the weather, the college football, and the empty neighborhood I think the worst part of today was that Heineken wasn’t involved at all. I’m still trying to lose weight, but I should have taken today off. I have yet to run into the problem that 24 Dutch beers in a box can’t help. Hot day or cold, good day or not, that’s a lesson I’m going to remember next year.

No comments: