Monday, October 26, 2009

Welcome To The NFL, Rookie

Well that was fun. I felt like crap all last night. I got about four hours of sleep. I was simultaneously burning up and freezing. I can only imagine it’s what menopause is like, and all I could dream about was NCIS. I was stuck in a cycle of dozing in and out of a crappy CBS procedural crime drama. It wouldn’t have been as bad if I was stuck in CSI: Miami. I got up at about quarter to six this morning and felt like warmed over death. MJ gave me a run down of everything she learned about the swine flu on the internets. If I feel bad for more than three days I’m terminal. If I start to feel better and then relapse it means I’ve contracted a bacterial infection on top of the swine flu and I’m terminal, basic stuff like that. I sweat all the way to work. I was so hot that I skipped coffee this morning. I rode to work with the windows down so I didn’t burst into flames. The only reason I went to work was because I had to get walked through some securities disclosure thing that was absolutely drop dead due by midnight Halloween, and as per usual, something got changed and I didn’t really have to do anything. Then somewhere between 8am and noon I started to feel better. I wrote about this before. I might succumb to the pterodactyl flu or the Genghis Khan flu, but swine flu isn’t even in my weight class. My snot never even turned yellow, let alone green. There was a lot of clear runny mucous though. I’m not going to lie. The swine flu kicked me in the head. I’m still a little bit shaky, but the little piggy cold never really had a shot. Nice try, we’ll see you in twenty years. I also got a bunch of stuff done at work. I win.

1 comment:

Your Mother said...

TMI/ If this continues, you need to see a quack.