Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Had Taro and Strawberry/Banana or Is Bill Cosby Too Old To Play Me?

I had a sitcom dad evening tonight. The Girls wanted to go to get some clothes for LMJ and some Mochi frozen yogurt at the Town Centre. I wanted to stay at home and watch the Saints make the Cardinals pee sitting down. So as I was backing the van out of the driveway to head to the Town Centre for baby girl clothes and frozen treats, I hear MJ stifle a gasp because she thinks I’m too close to the fence on the left a second before Grammy tells me I’m too close to the house on the right. The way I know that MJ thought I was too close to the fence on the left is her bursting out in laughter at Grammy’s constructive criticism. Did I mention we weren’t out of our driveway? The shopping trip itself was relatively uneventful. There was nothing interesting enough to buy at the Baby Gap and there were no empty parking spaces close enough to the Gymboree. We enjoyed Mochi, which is a little bit nerve racking for MJ. She doesn’t want to pack her cup too full of yogurt because she’s worried about the cost, but she’s always upset that she doesn’t get enough yogurt. On the way home we were stuck behind a slow poke on the I-95 on ramp. I circumvented, legally. MJ was in the back seat and told me she wanted me to use my signal next time. I used my signal that time, but she didn’t hear it clicking. It’s not a question if a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound. If MJ doesn’t hear it then the tree didn’t fall. Grammy told MJ that I had, in fact, used my signal, and they discussed that for a little bit. I needed to get over again, so I turned on the signal, and this time I asked permission to change lanes. I was screamed at, in stereo, for not watching the brake lights on the car 1000 yards in front of me. All we needed was a laugh track and we would have been ready for prime time.  I guess that's the price I have to pay for a cup of very good yogurt.  It was more than worth it.

4 comments:

MJ said...

Thanks for making it sound fun to be with us despite us yelling at you multiple times. It was fun, wasn't it?

(You did almost hit that one car in front of us, though. I had to get the last word.)

JSG said...

Good thing you have those ladies around to keep you in line, and LMJ to keep them in line. You wouldn't want to waste a weekend in winter watching a bunch of big guys chase around some pigskin semi-sphere when there's frozen yogurt, driving tips, and little girls' clothing to be had. Geez.

BellsOn said...

It won't be long before LMJ will eagerly join in. Glad you're coping so well with the chorus as it is.

EJG said...

Mo-chi... Mo-chi.... Mo-chi...

Life's too short to worry about filling your cup too much.