Friday, January 8, 2010

Lazy Friday

When I don’t exercise I don’t have anything to write about. MJ suggested that I write about my day with LMJ, but the only thing interesting about the day was that I learned she doesn’t care if her hands get cold. We were getting stir crazy so I decided to take her to the park. It was about 40 degrees outside, but we were sufficiently bundled. The only chink in our armor was no gloves. I pushed her on the swing for twenty minutes, and my hands were numb. I asked her if she was ready to go and she said no. We ran up and down the hill. We played in the gazebo. She slid down the sliding board, which was funny because it was so humid that she stuck to it and had to literally pull her self down. She loved it though. We took breaks to wipe our noses, and I wimped out we finished up by having a pretend picnic with peaches and apples and soup. The soup surprised me. I’d never heard that one before, but it reminded me how cold my hands were. I looked at her hands and they were red. It was time to go. Before anyone calls social services it was 40 degrees outside so it was physically impossible for her to get frostbite. Besides, she wasn’t complaining. I don’t know how good of a legal defense that is, but if it didn’t work I would try “she still has ten fingers”. We got back in the van (I wasn’t stupid enough to walk to the park) and I cranked the heat up as high as it would go. The cold really took it out of LMJ because she was asleep before we turned into the driveway. The park is less than 300 yards from our house. It’s a golf shot. I took her upstairs, got her shoes off, got her coat off without waking her, which is a miracle, checked my email, and took a nap next to her. I’ll call that a good day.

5 comments:

EJG said...

A PERFECT day.

MJ said...

You'll appreciate this post more in yers to come. Loved it!

MJ said...

years. I'm not Nelly.

Cora Spondence said...

The pretend picnic killed me! I was soooo seeing it in my head. Great read!

tainij said...

Little children do not really know if they are hot or cold when they play outside. Parents have to know for them, otherwise they get frostbite, sunstroke, sunburns.

Sounds like you guys had a really good time. I like a picnic with soup.