Friday, January 22, 2010

My Sister And Her Fiancé

My sister and her fiancé are in town and we had a family get together tonight with pizza and beer. My parents supplied the pizza and showed up with two cases of beer. LMJ was the only one at the party under twenty-nine so I think they over bought. In my dad’s defense, the beer was on sale. If Heineken gets close to a dollar a bottle, it’s smart to buy as much as the store will sell. We had a lot fun tonight just hanging out and catching up. Everyone is happy that my sister and her fiancé are moving back from Kansas to Florida (Using names would be so much easier than writing “my sister and her fiancé but there are rules). They’re moving to South Florida but three hundred miles is better than a thousand, especially for my parents. Actually my sister and her fiancé (now I’m reminding myself of a Seinfeld episode) showed up with a twelve pack of Stella Artois, and while I’m generally a German beer guy, if I got stranded on a desert island with a lifetime supply of Stella, I wouldn’t think twice about the boat sailing away over the horizon. LMJ thoroughly enjoyed herself with two brand new audience members and got wound up like Beavis on caffeine. She was in 100% Cornholio mode. One of the upsides of my sister and her fiancé (now it’s just a game) moving back to the Sunshine State is that it will be easier for LMJ to see her one and only aunt on a more regular basis. While LMJ is surrounded by strong women, there’s not one in her life right now whose first response is to say “F**k that Bullsh*t” and throw a right hand. My sister is more than qualified for the job. While I try to live that every day, some stuff a girl has to learn from a woman. Sometimes I forget how much I miss my sister. And for those playing a drinking game at home, my sister and her fiancé.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Well, we miss you too!!!!! We are excited to spend more time with you all. You could always pull a MJ and use initals (CJ and JH).

Cornholio mode is better than bunghole mode.

We truly enjoyed seeing you all and seeing LJ in such a new way!

Cora Spondence said...

I agree. Having family in the state is better than out of state. My brother and his boyfriend (you're right, it's kind of fun that way) are now 7 hours away rather than the many more than that in Northern California (I would say Oakland, but that was soooo depressing). And another strong woman in your family? Shocking!