Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lazy Sunday

I got through the day without checking out what was happening on Facebook. I should get a little key chain. I didn’t spend much time on the computer at all. It wasn’t because I did anything interesting instead – or anything at all. A big part of it was because my parents came over this morning and hung out all day. They brought Panera bagels for breakfast, and Grammy made pulled pork for lunch. I spent the rest of the day watching football with my dad. It’s easy to ignore the internet when I’m clogging my arteries with cream cheese and barbecue sauce, and cooking my brain watching grown men in tight pants slam into each other. When I look at it like that it sounds like a Republican National Convention after-party. Ain’t no party like a GOP party ‘cause a GOP party don’t stop. I enjoyed watching football all day with my dad. He enjoys it as much as I do, and I get a glimpse of what I’m going to be like thirty years from now. Spending the day with my parents was great for everyone involved. It was great for them because they normally see LMJ in the middle of the day and she’s either groggy because she needs a nap or groggy because she just woke up from one. Today they got to see prime LMJ. I not only enjoy having my parents around; I enjoy watching them get bossed around by my baby girl. My baby girl also enjoys bossing them around. She gets sick of us after a while. Today was so much fun that we’re thinking of changing the schedule for the grandparents’ visit, and seeing if they’re willing to start coming here for lunch occasionally. The high point of the day was winning a nickel from my dad. He bet me that the Ravens would blow their big lead and lose to the Patriots. They didn’t. I’m rich.


Just a note: Family is family but business is business. I need my nickel. If I don’t have it by Friday the vig kicks in. That’s 20 points. If I don’t have my nickel plus the penny interest by the Friday after that, the interest gets added to the principal. After that, well whatever.

1 comment:

tainij said...

You must remember that your wery bright dad operates from his heart, not from his head.
BTW, today was church; it was communion; it was the best!