Thursday, January 7, 2010

This Post Was Lazy

I’m done with the first full week, which is always the hardest, and I couldn’t be happier. While I was able to get through my whole routine this afternoon without almost passing out from the pain, I am so dead tired I doubt I make it to nine o’clock tonight. I’m so happy that the only thing I have to do tomorrow is chase LMJ around, and I’m not above drugging her.


Tonight was the first night back to My Gym, and everyone was out of sync. I think it mostly had to do with them being closed for the second half of December for some kind of special camp aka a reason to charge some people some extra money. It may also have had to do with we had a rookie coach. Rookie coach may be too generous. I think he was a coach trainee, which was fine, but I nitpicked his performance all night. I even noticed the veteran coach having to “save” him a few times when he got lost. We still had fun. LMJ had fun playing. I had fun judging other parents and their kids’ behavior. There’s one mom, who I’ve written about before, who I feel bad for because her son is so out of control. She’s a single mom and I think she’s a little bit stuck. The little boy is clearly missing a deep voice to say “Hey!” and give him a moment’s pause. There’s another mom who is clearly a witch. I’m not saying she’s mean. I’m saying she’s been trained in the dark arts. This chick is freaky and her daughter has horns and six fingers on her left hand. There’s not a religion in the world that doesn’t burn people for stuff like that.

Speaking of witches and burnings, I finished season 2 of the Tudors. It’s as well written and acted as it is historically inaccurate. Just like the Wire, I wonder why the performers aren’t bigger stars. Maybe they are in Great Britain. What stuns me the most is that betrayal is the main tool everyone uses to advance themselves, but when they are betrayed in turn they’re always shocked and offended. I also love that it’s about real people. If you have Netflix and some free time the first two seasons are available instantly online. Unfortunately, they want me to wait for some DVD’s in the mail if I want to see seasons three and four.

No comments: