Saturday, January 23, 2010

It Sounds Like Someone Has A Case Of The Mondays




I’d rather be doing almost anything right now other than writing this post. I’m just not feeling it, and I’m pretty sure it’s going to lead to a bunch of obligatory tl/dr so I can fulfill my daily post requirement. Today was a discombobulated Saturday for me. It was non-descript and kind of depressing. I think the problem is that I didn’t do anything real, so I was grumpy all day. The morning started out well. I ate some bagels from Panera and finished my Percy Jackson book. The series is about a teenage Greek demi-god who lives in New York City, and has adventures while in hero training. It’s fluff but I like Greek mythology and the author does some interesting things to modernize the Olympians. I probably should have started the next book in the series right then and there but I didn’t and got stuck doing nothing. I think a big problem is that football season is coming to an end. Watching large men crash into each other on purpose is one of my favorite opiates. It’s how I know it’s the weekend. I probably should have gotten out and gone for a run or to the beach to get my endorphins going at some point. We went for a walk around 7pm but it was too late by then, the day was already ruined, and walks suck anyway. I probably shouldn’t be writing all this down because after MJ reads it she’s probably going to try to push me out the door in the morning so I feel better. Right now I don’t know if I want to feel better. I’ve got a really good grumpy going. Another problem may be the weather. It’s not cold enough to bundle up and embrace, but it’s not hot enough to be a good Florida day. Today was like Seattle or San Francisco. The weather is the reason everyone in those towns spends all of their time committing suicide and spreading STD’s.

No comments: