Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another Day

I have to start paying attention to what I eat for breakfast. I thought I was being super healthy this morning when I chose to have a bowl of shredded wheat. I couldn’t have my normal egg sandwich because MJ hogged the last English muffin we were out of bread, so a big bowl of Colon Blow seemed like a good substitute. It’s chock full of fiber and vitamins. I hydrated and headed to the gym. I did 550 yards in the pool and ran 5.5 miles, the same routine as yesterday plus an extra 50 yards in the pool. I’m determined to be a dolphin before July. I took it easy on the run. I ran hard yesterday and didn’t want to risk hurting myself nine days before the River Run. I only wanted to burn some calories. I did a lot better than I expected, running only four minutes slower than yesterday. I’m happy with my consistency. I got back to the Y, sat down and my eyes went wonky. If I let myself get dehydrated or over-fatigued my vision gets weird for about twenty minutes and then clears up like nothing ever happened. Within an hour, the mother of headache’s granddad attacks my skull. They’re not migraines. They only happen in very specific situations, and water and Tylenol clear them up. If I take some drugs before the headache gets going I can almost avoid the whole thing, only leaving a headache echo. I thought that I had just pushed myself too hard, but then I remembered that I didn’t fuel up like I normally do. Frosted Mini-Wheats just don’t get it done like an egg sandwich. The situation was compounded by my running out of Gatorade, so I was another hundred calories short. Once again, my chronic CBS (Cheap Bastard Syndrome) caused me some pain. I could have stopped and bought a sports drink at Publix or out of the machine at the Y, but that’s my $1.49 or $3.50. I get to rest tomorrow, so the chances of me hurting myself are somewhat reduced. TGIF.

No comments: