Thursday, March 11, 2010

Steve Jobs Never Killed Anyone With An iPhone

After a nightmarish two weeks I’m back up and running on my Lenovo T61, the notebook of champions. They replaced the motherboard after reimaging the hard drive. For all intents and purposes I got a brand new computer. I’ve almost got it set up the way it was before the crash, but I didn’t have to go through two years of trial and error get it that way. There are still some tweeks that I need to get right, like I can’t remember what my screen resolution used to be. It came back to me at the highest setting possible, but I needed a magnifying glass to see what’s written. I’ve been playing with it but I can’t get it quite right. I’m happy MJ had a computer I could use and I thank her for letting me use it, but I am thrilled to be off that thing. My cursor doesn’t jump around willy nilly. Web pages load in a timely fashion. Programs open up without any drama. It’s been a very good two days from a tech standpoint. I also got a brand new phone. It’s a Samsung something or other. It’s friggin’ awesome. It’s made out of Kevlar and Justice. It’s durable, which is the main reason I got it. My last phone, a Razor, replaced a phone that I dropped that had replaced a phone that I dropped. I had my Razor maybe two days before I dropped it on my cement driveway. The screen hadn’t worked properly in ages. My new phone is designed specifically for klutzes people who are hard on their phones. It’s got the camera, the camcorder, the push to talk, the GPS, and a whole bunch of other 3G stuff, but it can also stop a bullet at close range. The word around the campfire is that R. Lee Ermey used this model of phone to kill fifty Taliban last week. He (allegedly) dropped it in a sock, walked into a cave in Afghanistan, and let some terrorists know what’s up. HOORAH!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Uh, there is such a thing as a cell phone gun. It's a .22 caliber. Just a matter of time before those things hit the states!