Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A DST Bump In The Road

I’m blaming today on daylight savings time. I’m not acclimated yet. I was all set to run long this morning. I was out the door. Then I turned on my watch and it told me the battery needed to be charged. These are the little details that are caused by an abrupt schedule switch. I swear it has everything to do with DST. I got plenty of sleep the past two nights but I’m just not sharp. I’m really bummed because I was looking forward to running ten miles, but I’m not running them if I can’t keep track of them. I probably should have, after all the exercise is the thing and not the numbers, but I wasn’t willing to. That threw my entire day off schedule. It was like falling dominoes. I’ve been dragging ever since. I could have gone to the gym but my motivation had been sapped and it wasn’t until I was taking a shower and getting ready to go into the office that they gym even entered my mind. Technically, I got to work early because I skipped my run, but my biorhythm was off so I wasn’t as productive as I should have been. Yesterday, MJ offhandedly mentioned that Tuesdays after DST kicks in is when she has the hardest time. I didn’t really think anything of it as we sat in a DST caused traffic jam on our way to My Gym. I was out in front of the malaise wave or I thought I was. Now my workout schedule is messed up for the week and I’m going to have to get a run in on Saturday. I don’t want to run on Saturday. I want to go to the beach on Saturday and stare at the sea. Oh well, there’s nothing to do but make the best of it. I can run tomorrow if the weather holds up. If it doesn’t I can go swimming, if I can remember my swim trunks.

No comments: