Saturday, March 6, 2010

I Need To Get Some Surgical Masks

MJ, Grammy, and LMJ all have colds. They’re stuffed up. They don’t have any energy, basically the first part of a Nyquil commercial. I’m determined not to get sick, at least not until next Saturday afternoon. I was worried during the first part of my run this morning. I hadn’t planned on running at all but I couldn’t tell if my runny nose was just the run of the mill mucous that I produce or the beginnings of a cold. I always get hyper-aware of how I feel if someone around me has a cold. My plan to stave off infection is to sweat it out. I felt like I was struggling during the first two miles. It went away after that but I thought it might be the fatigue. I ran down to the Y and back again. It’s the same run I’ve been doing this week but starting at home instead of the gym. I thought I ran the exact same route, but somewhere I picked up an extra 2/10ths of a mile. I ran fast too. I made really great time even though I ran through the Riverside Arts Market and people wouldn’t get out of my way. I’m getting more and more excited about the River Run every day. I’ve trained harder for this race than I have any other race I’ve run. I’ve shaved two minutes off my mile pace. I’m running ten miles regularly, and more importantly, comfortably. I’ve figured out how to handle bridges. I’m actually looking forward to the Hart Bridge. I’m in the best shape I’ve been in since before LMJ was born. I ran great last Saturday. I ran better today. If I can stay healthy I’m almost certain to beat my goal. If I can’t stay healthy I’m going to freak out. I would have to wait a whole year to try again. That would suck.

1 comment:

MJ said...

You're AWESOME.