Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Very Strong Finish To The Weekend

Today was a good lazy Sunday. I spent today fighting the good fight against infection. I tried to keep my hands clean. If I needed to wipe my eyes I tried to do it with the inside of my shirt. I spent a fair amount of time outside. I didn’t run because today is a rest day. I had a lot of fun playing with LMJ, even though she’s walking around covered in a glaze of snot. My health be damned if it’s going to interfere with family fun time. We learned how to play Ring Around the Rosey. It was a big hit with the baby girl, with the spinning around and falling down and all. Mommy and LMJ got started early on a nap while I ate lunch and watched the first half an hour of The Spy Who Loved Me. It’s got to be one of the cheesiest movies ever filmed. It’s also one of my favorites. I won’t seek it out but if it finds me I’m going to watch. It was the first James Bond I ever saw. I remember it came on the NBC Sunday Night Movie in 1979 or 1980 and I got to stay up and watch it for some reason. That’s why it has a special place in my heart. Barbara Bach is also an extremely underrated Bond Girl. After I finished my lunch I joined my two girls for a Sunday afternoon nap. Sunday afternoon naps should be prescribed by doctors, talk about a wonder drug. No one wakes up from a Sunday afternoon nap and thinks, “Man I wish I hadn’t done that”. Someone might regret sleeping through the beginning of a football game or their wedding, but nobody doesn’t like the nap. We had pot roast for dinner, and finished the day with a family constitutional through the neighborhood and along the river. I’ve got no complaints.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Yeah, it was a pretty good Sunday--especially for being sick.

MJ said...

The sunshine helped.