Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Early Worm Gets The Shin Splints

I got the full workout in this morning. It took me two hours and forty-five minutes from the time I walked out my door till the time I walked back in. I don’t know what to cut to make it any shorter. I wish those liars on television that pimp exercise equipment weren’t liars. I wish I could spend twenty minutes, three times a week and look like a bodybuilder. How are they allowed to do that, what they’re saying is a bald-faced untruth. World class runners burn about 400 calories in that time when they're racine and they have metabolisms like nuclear blast furnaces. Anyway, since I’m trying to lose weight in a healthy manner I have to get a minimum of an hour of cardio. It’s just the laws of physics. I could go the crackhead route or the bulimic route but that doesn’t really help me finish the Ironman. I can’t to the anorexic thing because I gotta get my grub on. I also don’t feel that I can cut back on my weight training. Osteoporosis is not going to happen to me, and the best way to stave it off is by resistance training and a calcium rich diet. Hangin' and Bangin' and cheeseburgers are two things I do very well. So I guess I’m stuck unless I can find a way to break up the workout into two sessions but that doesn’t really save time, it adds time because I’ll have to prep twice. As a matter of fact my workouts are going to start taking longer because I’m serious about this triathlon thing. There are lots of people doing them, and doing them well, and they find the time to run twelve miles and bike fifty in the same day six days a week. I guess I’m going to have to start getting up a lot earlier. I’m going to have to start going to bed with LMJ and setting my alarm for three in the morning so I can be at the gym when it opens at five. That’s going to suck.

2 comments:

MJ said...

If you never turned on your computer, you'd find the time. We'd miss you here though.

JSG said...

But we'd miss the posting!

The early morning thing is the only way it gets done for us, the one "athalon" slackers.