Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just One of Those Days

This morning was like the book Fortunately for me. I got a late start so I missed my chance to get to the gym. Then when I got to work I couldn’t find my wallet, so I drove home. Driving home was a complete waste of time because my wallet was in the car the whole time, but because of the late start and stupidity it was too late for me to get a parking space in my lot, so I decided to get in a workout. I planned on weights and the elliptical at the Y, but I couldn’t find my membership card. On a side note, when I got stuck talking to my neighbors from across the street last Saturday, the Irish author asked me why he hadn’t seen me at the "club" recently. It took me a more than a beat to figure out he was talking about the Y. Since I couldn’t find my card, and it was too late and too hot to go for a run, I decided to go for a ride on my bike. A half hour later after finding the air pump to re-inflate my tires, I started my ride through Riverside and Avondale. It was a very good ride, which I wasn’t really expecting. I rode twelve miles in just over forty-eight minutes. I guess a not quite as fat as it was ass and properly inflated tires help my riding speed. My slowest mile was 4 minutes and 38 seconds. I got home, took a shower, got re-dressed, and was about to head out the door when I checked my e-mail one last time. I had an urgent message telling me that the streets downtown around my building had been closed again for another gas leak. My office manager mentioned that the office smelled like gas. I’m on the 29th floor. I didn’t do all of the math because EXPLOSION showed up pretty early in the calculations, and I decided to work from home. So although my morning was completely shot, it all seemed to work out in the end.

No comments: