Thursday, August 27, 2009

Proud Papa

We went to My Gym tonight. We moved it to Thursday from Monday because of MJ’s schedule. Mondays would be a little bit too hectic. Tonight was more crowded than it’s been before. I don’t know if there were significantly more children but there were a lot more double parents. I think I get more out the My Gym experience than LMJ does. It’s an hour of me being silly around her in front of other people and letting her learn to be independent. Every single week she amazes me by doing things I didn’t think she was capable of doing. We still have a little bit of a problem with socialization but she’s getting better every week. She’s not afraid of the other kids or shy. I think she really couldn’t give less of a crap about what anyone else is doing, but she’s not treating the other kids like they were zombies or lepers and that’s progress. I think it’s wonderful that those other children are playing on the swings, good for them. Right now I’m climbing on this hot dog thing, and when I’m done I’m going to bounce on the trampoline. She was more comfortable in the ball pit than she’s been before and she stood her ground on the clubhouse/sliding board ladder. Towards the end of the hour tonight the coaches set up an exercise where they would hand a child a ring, and the child was supposed to pretend the ring was a steering wheel and run as fast they could and drop the steering wheel ring on top of an orange traffic cone. The kids ranged in age from about three months younger than LMJ to about six months older, I’m guessing. She was the only one to remember that the ring was supposed to be a steering wheel. And yes, the whole point of that story was to illustrate – once again – that my baby is better than all the other babies.

1 comment:

MJ said...

I was pretty proud too. She also stood up while holding her ears. No hands on the ground.