Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Not Dead. Can't Quit

My cold hasn’t cleared up, and now it’s causing some collateral damage. MJ says she can’t sleep because I’m snoring like a wood chipper. I don’t hear a thing, but whatever. Personally, I think I’m much too sexy to snore. MJ gets really weird when she doesn’t get enough rest. I think it takes her a lot of mental energy to pretend she’s sane, and when fatigue sets in so do the crazies. They’re not bad crazies. 99 times out of 100 they’re cute and adorable. They usually have to do with her reconciling her generally sweet nature with the cesspool that is the real world. They used to happen more often, but I think being around me has evened her out. I’m glad my diamond hard cynicism and nihilism could be of help. Her crazies delude her into thinking that she can make the world a better place by trying harder. She can’t try any harder. It’s not possible, but I guess the effort is the thing. My crazies rational clear headed views of the world leads me to thoughts of conspiracies, revenge, and global incineration. If there were more people like MJ, the human race would have many fewer problems. If there were more people like me, the human race wouldn’t have any problems at all. But I digress. This isn’t about me. I’m writing about my beautiful wife and how sleep deprivation makes her crazy. I feel bad that she’s having a little bit of a stressful start to her vacation, so I’m doing my part to help her get some rest by staying up, writing a crappy blog post, and watching The Tudors. I’m doing my best not to eat all the sugar cookies that we made tonight. As I think about all the stuff MJ did today it’s no wonder that she’s exhausted. I may sleep in front of the television in the living room tonight to give her some quality sleep. I can always sleep in my office tomorrow.

3 comments:

JSG said...

Earplugs.

tainij said...

Try normal saline solution nasal spray or nose drops.

EJG said...

Try more bourbon.